8.11.12

New Wall Art and Zevs

This amazing thing now adorns the wall above this very computer I am typing on right now:


I just love it! I did not know this but according to my boyfriend (who bought it for me :)), apparently the drippy 'Chanel' design is based on artwork by 'Zevs' who makes 'liquidated logos'.

This is his original 'Chanel' design:


Other brand logos have also been 'liquidated': 





All photos from the artist's website

Wikipedia (that most reliable source) says Zevs is an anonymous street artist from Paris and started producing these liquidated logos in the mid 00s. I love his simple but eye-catching idea. And I LOVE my new wall art. Hooray! 

.


2 comments:

  1. I've wall art obsessed! I've posted about it before :)
    Cute blog, I'm following.

    Georgie x
    www.theorangefox.com

    ReplyDelete

CUSTOM BLOG DESIGN BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS