27.9.14

Hello? Is it me you're looking fur?

Faux Fur

onetwothreefourfive. six. seven.


I debated many titles for this blog post (Viva Fur-ever, Always and Fur-ever and so on and so forth) but I think we can all agree that this one is the coolest, most up-to-date and definitely the cleverest. 

Coloured fur has been creeping around for a few seasons now, but I feel like it has now officially become a big deal. I just get a vibe. A coloured fur feeling in the air. I think I first became aware of its charms in my youth, and as with most things in life, all roads lead back to Clueless. Cher's faux fur mini ruck sack ('well at least I didn't skin a collie to make my backpack'...'it's totally faux!), the fluffy pen above, the fur trimmed cardigan. I even had a blue furry filofax (any else?)


Images from Google 


Back to 2014 and one can't really talk about coloured fur right now without mentioning Shrimps, the London-based designer who has re-jigged the (faux) fur coat and in my opinion, really kicked this whole new trend off. Shout out to Henry Holland too who always brings the fun, as his SS11 show featured the pom pom earrings above.

I like the playful, youthful edge these pieces give an outfit, especially the monster keyring/phone sock  (I heart Fendi's monster bag charms, but I do wish they weren't real fur). The faux fur sandals are also an absolute dream! 

Lastly, I know they aren't fluffy but I had to include those monster nails which are are sooo cute, I saw them on Lily Melrose's beauty blog and fell in love. You are never too old for neon monster nails! 

Faye x



2 comments:

  1. I looove faux fur coats but the clean freak in me worries about fur accessories getting dirty haha!

    Tara x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what to mean! How would you even clean them? Black faux fur for you haha x

      Delete

CUSTOM BLOG DESIGN BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS