21.9.14

Rock it with Bloomingdale's

So last week I attended a Bloomingdale's Dubai fashion show which was put on to showcase their AW14 trends. It was the first fashion show I've ever attended so I didn't really know what to expect. Turns out the dress code was glam topped with a bit more glam. I did not look glam. I felt very out of place! I should have guessed really, as Dubai is a glam place all around. (I've never said the word glam so much, I feel like I'm writing for Mizz magazine)  I don't think anyone would describe me as glamorous, I prefer artfully dishevelled. Probably without the artfully.












 Anyway, the show was cool, I recognised some of the pieces from the AW runways and the outfits were nicely put together. There was an after party but I really just felt like a trampy old troll tbh so we went to Burger Fuel and I stuffed my face instead. Food for the win.

Faye x

6 comments:

  1. Looks like a great show. I'm loving the black + gold combo, it's one of my favorite color combos so it's always exciting to see it paired together in shows :)

    Z.
    LZ.COM
    Las Vegas Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's one of my favourites too, a classic combo!

      Delete
  2. Haha.. so funny! its true that even if its a launch for a new juice in Dubai half of the guests will be in some kind of a cocktail dress/ evening gown. Since moving here I have learned the joy of overdressing just in case. And I dont mean always a sparkly dress but at least heels. Funny how this place is.

    The show looks fab!

    Laura x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! I guess Swarovski encrusted body con is the new black! I will definitely be erring on the side of dressy from now on.

      Faye x

      Delete

CUSTOM BLOG DESIGN BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS