10.5.20

My favourite fashion buys of all time


Now more than ever, I am cherishing my favourite wardrobe pieces, the bits I wear again and again . Not having a real reason to get dressed everyday means I'm seeing all my clothes in a new, exciting light. I can't wait to put together outfits again!

This attitude fits in nicely with the slow fashion movement as well, which I've been embracing increasingly in the past year or so, rejecting hauls and the need to purchase something new for every occasion. I'm by no means perfect, and I still find it hard to resist the pull of something new every once in a while. But I'm trying much harder. This winter for example, I didn't buy any new coats, whereas in the past I would have seen the new season as an excuse to treat myself.

So today I'm celebrating my ride or die numbers, the clothes I would save in a fire, my wardrobe staples and all the other clothes based cliches you can think of. 

Lego.





Red cardigan


I'm pretty sure me aquiring this little number was a meet cute. I was trying on some stuff in H&M and there it was, winking at me from the changing room rail. I tried it on, and it was love at first sight. It was heavily reduced in the sale, and when I got to the till the woman said 'I think this was an internet return', which means it was the only one in the whole store. So you do the math.



Denim jumpsuit


I saw this on Frassy's Instagram and I knew I needed it in my life. It was from a site called Fashion Union, and I have never bought anything from there before or since. This bad boy can be dressed up or down, take a good old under layer for warmth and it's extra comfy. It's a buy.



Shiny leggings


Leggings sometimes get a bad rap but I've loved them since Disco Pants were in fashion (still can't bring myself to get rid of my Disco Pants) and I'll continue to love them until Disco Pants eventually come back into fashion in an ironic mid 2000s way. Say Disco Pants again Disco Pants. I can't put my finger on what it is about my legs being shiny but I know that it makes me happy in a way that only shiny leggings can.


Black baker boy hat


I think this is a love hate item and many people hate this hat. It angers a lot of people just the sight of it. That is an Uncle Buck reference and if you knew that please get in touch and I will marry you instantly, whether you like it or not. I am a fully fledged hat person and I am obsessed with this ASOS one which I bought on Depop, lost somewhere (WHERE?) and then re-purchased on Depop. I then left it in a hotel room in Canary Wharf, I emailed them, they said they didn't have it but I KNEW THEY DID and lo and behold they found it and they posted it to me. Wow. FYI, I don't have a pic of said hat because it's in the attic with my other winter stuff but it's this one.




Leopard print boots


Never have I ever had so many compliments on a pair of boots. Everyone loves these boots. Leopard print is the one, it is a neutral and I have been saying this since 2001. All hail the leopard print boot.



Check blazer

This is a new addition to my collection, but you know when you feel a garment just represents you completely? I got this from a charity shop about 5 months ago - it's actual Aquascutum so at £20 it was more expensive than your average second hand item. I ummmed and ahhmed about it for this reason, but so glad I went for the kill and purchased. An absolute classic.


No comments:

Post a Comment

CUSTOM BLOG DESIGN BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS