8.5.12

Met Ball 2012

I love seeing photos from the Met Ball, mainly because I like to see what the Olsens are wearing.

Also, I wish I could go to an event which calls for floor length gold lame, so I will live vicariously through Jessica Alba.

Faves:


Carey Mulligan in Prada (Don't love the shoes)


Emma Stone in Lanvin. I think the dress is a bit too short for the Met Ball, but she is so flippin cute that I don't care. 


Lana Del Rey in custom Joseph Altuzarra. Absolutely love this, she's like a gothic red riding hood. If goths liked floor length silver gems...


Camilla Belle in Ralph Lauren. Perfect. Like everything she wears, and her face. 


Jessica Alba in Michael Kors. Yes.


Solange Knowles in Rachel Roy. I love her hair, I love her make up, I love her dress, I love her cuff and I love her bag. Favourite look of the night. 





Worsties:

Kirsten Dunst in Rodarte. Normally I heart Kirsten, but it looks like she came from the office and quickly fashioned a skirt to match the jacket she had on. I dislike the belt and the buttons together, far too messy for my eyes. 


Florence Welch in Alexander Mcqueen. LOL.


Chloe Sevigny in Miu Miu. I love you Chloe Sevigny. And yes you are very quirky. But this is the Met Ball, so at least pop on a slip.  


Dree Hemingway in Topshop. It's not that I don't like this, but why on one of the few nights of the year when  you can wear something show stopping, would you wear Topshop?!? 


Dakota Fanning in Louis Vuitton. Again, I don't hate, but it's just meh. I would like to see Dakota wear something really unexpected, and that includes her hair and make up. 

And the Olsen...


Mary-Kate Olsen in The Row. After staring at it for quite a while, I have mixed feelings about this. From the top of the sash up, I love, and from the top of the sash down, I feel meh. And where is Ashley? 

That concludes my very professional analysis of the Met Ball 2012. Happy Tuesday :)

All pics from Style.com and Just Jared

No comments:

Post a Comment

CUSTOM BLOG DESIGN BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS