12.10.12

New purchases

As I mentioned in a previous post, I received some money on my birthday last week, and have splurged this week on two items that I am in LOVE with. Firstly, the boots. I went into River Island and tried on the ones I recently wrote about in this post. It was love at first sight/try on. I had £65 birthday money so they only actually cost me £20, which is an absolute steal for leather boots which I am going to wear all autumn and winter and probably spring and summer too. As I always say, cost per wear is low (this is how I like to calculate true bargains).

Here they are, the beauties:




YES.

Today I had a day off work so I went to the V&A in South Kensington to visit the Ballgowns exhibition. Sadly I couldn't take any photos as cameras were banned but it was a beautiful exhibition and all the dresses were displayed in such an eye-catching  way, it was very nicely curated. With the more recent dresses, I played a little game with myself where I tried to guess the designer before I looked at the plaque. Yeah, I'm cool. 

After the exhibition I took a trip to the mother ship (Topshop Oxford Circus) as my friend Kellie gave me a voucher for my birthday. To be honest, I wasn't overly impressed with the stock they had. I tried on this dress which I really liked, especially the fit, but as it was from Boutique it was £65 and I couldn't justify it. Miss Selfridge however, I was more impressed with, and I ended up using my voucher on this wonderful little number:


 In this picture it looks a bit horrible and doesn't do it justice, it's hard to photograph black. The picture on the website is much better:


I just think it's the cutest thing, with a shirt underneath and my boots, or with a little jumper and loafers.Very Alexa Chung. Plus, I can wear it to work which is always a bonus!

So pleased with my two buys, birthday money well spent. I still have a £45 House of Fraser voucher to spend, and I'm so confused with what to get. I think I want to get a foundation and concealer, but I like to research A LOT before I make a final decision, so I'm going to hit up You Tube and beauty blogs to read some reviews. Hurrah!

3 comments:

  1. Those boots are BEAUTS. Such a great investment piece for this A/W!

    Tara
    The Style Rawr!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) I'm already surgically attached to them! xx

      Delete
  2. This is absolutely amazing,honey,I can't take my eyes off!;)
    FactoryExtreme

    ReplyDelete

CUSTOM BLOG DESIGN BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS