28.7.13

OOTD: Denim and Leather






T-shirt Topshop
Shorts Internacionale
Jacket Internacionale
Boots River Island

Today I went to the V&A to see the Club to Catwalk exhibition which, according the the website, "showcases the bold and exciting new looks by the most experimental young designers of the decade, including Betty Jackson, Katharine Hamnett, Wendy Dagworthy and John Galliano". It was an interesting exhibition, I learned that apparently everyone in the 80s was gay and the outfits people wore clubbing were mental. I can't say the decade is my favourite fashion-wise but they certainly had guts! 

On Friday night I revisited another decade of my youth and went to see 90s classic Clueless at a pop-up cinema in Portobello market. It was just as banging as always. 'Oh no...this is an Alaia...' Haha you've got to love Cher. Although I studied the film in a more fashion-y way on Friday than I did in my youth and I think I actually prefer Dee's outfits. Especially the crop top and floral skirt combo she wears to the 'Val' party. 

I wonder which fashionable films the teens of today will look back on in 15 years and reminisce? The Devil Wears Prada maybe?




1 comment:

CUSTOM BLOG DESIGN BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS